Hope you had an awesome fourth! We had an amazing time swimming and hanging with our crew. But, it’s back to business, as usual, this week – and, first on the agenda is all things Amazon Prime Day – wooooot!
I thought I’d write up a quick (who am I kidding, nothing I write up is ever “quick”) post on all things Prime Day…well, actually “days” since Amazon’s biggest sale event is held on not one but TWO days this year. Below are all the details to get you your bestest deals on Prime Day(s) along with a few things I’ve already got on my list (remember, you’ve got to be a Prime Member to access the deals!).
QUICK FACTS ABOUT PRIME DAY
- WHEN: Amazon Prime Day 2019 starts July 15th at 2:59 AM ET (one week baby!) and ends at 11:59 PM ET on July 16th. Access the Prime Day sales here
- WHAT TO BUY: There are all sorts of deals on Prime Day, but the best ones are on electronics like Amazon and Apple devices and gear, TVs and other smart home goodies. Last year Fire Tablets and Echo Dots were nearly half off!
- WHOLEFOODS DEALS: Yes, there will be Wholefoods deals, so you might want to save your weekend grocery shopping for the early part of the week to ensure you snag the best ones! AND, if you purchase $10 or more at Wholefoods now thru July 16, you get a $10 credit to use on Prime Day sales.
- AMAZON GIFT CARD BALANCE DEAL: If you add $100 or more to your Amazon Gift Card (first timers only), you get a $10 bonus
YOU’VE GOTTA BE A PRIME MEMBER (YOU CAN DO IT FREE)
If you want to access the awesome deals, you’ve gotta be a Prime Member. So, if you’re not yet, you should definitely sign up sooner than later to ensure you can access everything. We have been prime members for years and love being able to order things super fast (and free) with prime shipping.
Our kiddo has a few faves on the Amazon Prime streaming service that comes with the membership (including Wishenpoof and Tumbleleaf). Plus, you get Prime music, exclusive savings at Wholefoods, and access to Prime Fresh, Pantry, Wardrobe and other “additional pay” services only available to Prime members.
- COST: $119 per year (30-day free trial here! If you cancel before the free trial ends, you don’t get charged a dime.) You can also purchase a one-month membership for $12.99 per month. If you think you’re going to save well over that but don’t want to be an annual member, this might be a good solution for you because you’ll get your money’s worth in prime day discounts.
- SIGN UP: 30-day free trial here
HOT TIPS TO SCORE THE BEST DEALS
Use the Amazon App! Use the app to watch for deals. Just tap “watch this deal” on the products you’re interested in and get an alert when the Prime Day sales hit. Eligible members who download the app for the first time will get a $10 credit when they sign in AND an additional $10 credit when they make their first purchase!
Watch for Bogus deals! I can’t stand when there’s a “big sale” and it’s just barely a discount or worse, made to look like a sale, but in reality the same price it’s always been (retailers are notorious for this kinda thang). I use The Camelizer (free) extension for Chrome to view price trends for the product I’m interested in before impulse shopping “huge sales”.
Shop Prime Day Launches and get limited time access to new products, exclusive to Prime members.
Shop other retailers! Prime day is a huge day for competitors of Amazon wanting to capitalize on all the online shopping traffic generated by the event. SO, be sure to check your fave retailers to see what deals they have going on! I know already that Target has announced DEAL DAYS (also on July 15 and July 16) offering any Target guests thousands of deals without membership obligations.
PREVIEW DEALS YOU CAN ACCESS TODAY!
offers are limited and may become unavailable
Try Amazon Music FREE!
10 THINGS I GOT ON MY LIST
I’ve got my eyes on a few things and will definitely be watching the deals on the…
- iPad ($249) – we have a few of these but they are getting older, not accepting the new updates and so, therefore it’s time to get a new one.
- Amazon Echo Show (regular $230) – I’ve wanted one of these forever. If there’s a good enough deal, I’m gonna splurge.
- Because no one wants to vacuum this giant house. This Roomba ($280) or an Ecovacs Deboot ($200)
- I desperately need new pillows. I’ve never tried Memory foam but hear it’s the best. This two-pack, king size would be perf…if it goes on sale because I don’t wanna spend $80 bucks on pillows.
- This coffee pot (or a similar one under the $89 price point). We love a freshly brewed pot of coffee and are not willing to give it up. BUT, I wanna be able to brew single serve cups too. This is the PERFECT compromise. But, the price has to be right to justify replacing a perfectly good 14 cup brewer without the single-serve option.
- Desperately need a new makeup brush cleaner mat thingy (can I get it for under $5 bucks?)
- This pack of v neck bralettes ($24) because The Sister Studio told me too 🙂
- These erasable marker pens (they are like $17 bucks regular, so I’m hoping they go on bigtime sale)
- A few new stainless tumblers and mugs because stainless containers keep your bevvys hot or cold for 1 million years BUT they are super pricey so prime day is the day to snag em’ cheap (hopefully)
- Smart sweets – We love these sugar-free sweet treats! Let’s see if they go on sale in bulk 🙂
WIN A $50 AMAZON E GIFT CARD FOR PRIME DAY!
Since I’m still doing weekly giveaways, the timing couldn’t be more perfect for another Amazon Gift card – buuuuuuuut this time I’m upping it to $50 bucks and making it an e-gift card so the winner can shop the sales next Monday and Tuesday!!! Who’s in it to win it?? Enter for your chance to win below and check your inbox on Prime Day to see if you’ve got $50 bucks to spend 🙂
GIVEAWAY DETAILS: No purchase necessary. Ends 12:00 a.m. on 7/15. Winner selected and announced 7/15. Open to US residents only, 18+. Void where prohibited.
*DISCLAIMER: This post is a combination of my personal insights, opinions and thoughts on various topics and products and may contain affiliate or referral links. I earn a small commission if you make a purchase through my links, which helps me continue on this fabulous journey of blogging! Full disclaimers avail. here.
Featured Image via Expert Reviews.