Happy Tuesday! Since we’re all crazy busy catching up this week after the extra-long weekend, I thought I’d post something a little different and fun to help us get to know each other better. And, well let’s be honest…I have nothing else prepared 😊
This post may contain affiliate links*
Whether you’re brand new to kiddoandsoul or have been lurking around for a while (PS, I use the word “lurking” with the UTMOST respect and admiration here), I’m stoked to share 25 very random things you probably don’t know about me. You ready? Let’s get weird.
- My most favorite snack in the entire world is popcorn. If I could jump into a ball pit filled with popcorn, I’d eat all of it. ALL. OF. IT.
- I can say the alphabet in reverse like, really, really fast. My grandma taught me how to do it when I was a kid and I’m super bummed I never had to recite it for a police officer to prove I was sober (although I did get pulled over and breathalized by a bicycle cop once while riding a beach cruiser but that’s another post).
- If I could invite 6 female celebs to my Thanksgiving table they would be Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Chelsea Handler, Busy Phillips, Jennifer Garner and Kristen Bell. They are each hilarious and empowered in their own way, and I just really want to be best friends with all of them.
- I won’t remember your name if you tell it to me, but I can list every item of clothing you wore that one time I bumped into you at a grocery store 10 years ago. My short term memory just barely exists, but my long term memory is INSANE.
- I have been bit by 5 dogs, on 5 different occasions (my face, both arms, and both legs). One of the bites turned into a nasty staph infection. So, I took my Junior Year final exams in my hospital room with my principal watching over like I had the answers secretly stored in my wound (awwwwwwwkward).
- I’ve brushed death a few times in life…like that one time I went white water rafting and my boat flipped the entire group on top of me and that other time a 32″ TV fell on my face in a bar. NBD.
- I had a bunch of surgeries on my face to fix the broken bones and giant scars. I still look like myself, thankfully and the only person who notices my scars is me.
- I can’t live without my ELF eyebrow wax. Since my eyebrows are crooked (thanks, TV on face), the wax helps me even them out and I love it so. Also, do you know how hard it is to find brow wax? Nobody makes it, but it’s the most wonderful thing ever.
- I have rosacea. Getting rid of sugar, grains and using this regimen has almost completely gotten rid of it despite it “not being curable”.
- I have unicorn blood and donate as much as I can (which is exactly every 8 weeks). Since I’m 0 negative and CMV negative my blood goes straight to babies and really sick adults (only 15% of adults are negative, so you know…I’m kind of a big deal).
- For my entire life, I knew I’d have trouble getting pregnant. There was no reason, I just felt it. I’m beyond thankful for medicine and miracles. Our sweet girl is an IVF babe. Here’s a video of our story.
- I believe in signs. We found out our first IVF didn’t work on my Dad’s birthday (June 28th). We found out our second IVF did on the anniversary of his passing (July 25th).
- Speaking of signs, I can tell if you’re pregnant before you can. It’s a gift (a totally weird one) that arrived just shortly after my daughter was born. I have freaked out so many of my friends by telling them they were pregnant within days of conception (and later, finding out they were).
- Speaking of weird, I’ve seen more than one ghost in my life. One time was with my hubby, who completely thought I was a nuts for saying I saw a ghost until he too saw a ghost at the exact same time I saw a ghost. He changed his mind that day.
- I can pop my shoulder out of socket. When I was a kid, I thought it meant I had cancer.
- I might be a hypochondriac (and possibly a germaphobe)
- My ideal time to workout is 11am. I’m happy to have a job that affords me the opportunity to exercise during my magic hour, but working at home while raising a child has been one of the hardest things I have ever done.
- I hate spiders, but can’t kill them. I can’t kill any bug because I feel sad for their families.
- I always wanted to be an animal whisperer, but most animals could care less about me. They all seem to LOVE my husband though. I’m pretty sure this is the universes equivalent to adding “salt to the wound”.
- I’m a terrible clutz. No, like it’s a curse sometimes. My Dad used to call me “Calamity” as in “Calamity Jane”. Who is calamity Jane anyway? She must be awesome.
- I love prosecco. Like LOVE prosecco.
- Public restrooms with censor faucets, soap and hand towel dispensers are my nightmare. For whatever reason, anything that requires my body to provide motion for the sensor to activate doesn’t work for me….like, ever.
- I’m a sucker for a good chick flick. But scary movies? I’ll have nightmares for a year.
- I was in hard labor for 37 hours. Without any pain meds. Because I am a stubborn idiot.
- I’m a double Aries through and through (annnnnnd, so is my daughter, so you know…I’m screwed).
I wish you could leave me a comment here to tell me something random about YOU! Buuuuuut my site got hacked earlier this year and I had to add some crazy security measures which means comments are out. Reach out to me on Facebook or Instagram with something random about YOU:) Okay, byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
*As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Post may contain affiliate or referral links. I earn a small commission if you make a purchase through my links, which helps me continue on this fabulous journey of blogging! Full disclaimers avail. here.
WANT TO LEAVE A COMMENT? Unfortunately, comments are disabled on my site due to a firewall required after a security hack. If you would like to ask me a question about this post or leave a comment, please reach out via Facebook or Instagram!