Goooooodmornin! I’m still reading through all of your wonderful responses to the reader survey I conducted a few weeks ago (THANK YOU!), but wanted to get started right away on one thing many of you are asking for – Meal prep ideas (and other thangs)!
This post may contain affiliate links*
Since many of you are asking to know what we eat in a week, and, since many of you are also wanting to be linked up to my favorite things (products I love, a little entertainment, recipe round ups, etc), I thought I’d start a new series so that you can have ALL of that in your inbox Monday morning (ish) for inspo. Let’s start with what I’m loving on this week!
Links + love
- Unbelievable on Netflix is a must-watch. The hubs and I stayed up past 11 pm which hasn’t happened in like 5 years. SO. GOOD.
- This story has touched my heart this month. Sending so many happy vibes to this Mama & her family.
- These tips for creating school safe, nut-free lunches are blowing up on the blog! Hope you find it useful too.
- Speaking of kiddos, people are saying the new Frozen 2 trailer is “dark”. We’ll probs see it 🙂 November 22nd – mark your calendars!
- My girl and I are loving these Mom + Me Starbucks pairings! Pink + purple is kinda our thing 🙂
- This hoodie from American Eagle is the coziest thing of all time. Make sure you size down (like 2 sizes – it runs huge).
- So many Fall vibes with these Fall Crockpot recipes. There’s like…30 of them. I’ve got my own broccoli + cheese soup slow cooker recipe heading your way soon!
- This quote. It’s everything.
- It’s Fall Premiere week! I’m watching alllllll the things.
- And, lastly, this little reminder to get your flu shots! I always get mine at Target because I get a $5 off coupon. I hear Publix and CVS are offering similar incentives this year too.
Meal prep ideas for the week
I grocery shop on Sundays, so I always plan meals from Monday through Friday. Saturday usually consists of some form of leftover or sometimes take out and I meal prep most of our meals on Sunday after the hubs and kiddo hit up the grocery store. Everything below is keto-friendly (grain-free, low-carb and sugar-free), but you don’t have to be any of those things to enjoy these yummy recipes! And, if you’re looking for school lunch inspo, follow @kiddoandsoul on Instagram and check out my highlights to see what we’re packing each day.
This Week’s Meal Plan Quick List (full details + recipe link-ups below):
- Monday: (breakfast) Brocolli + Feta Breakfast Casserole /// (lunch) Pizza Stuffed Peppers /// (dinner) Spinach Bacon & Blue Cheese Salad /// (dessert) Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Tuesday (breakfast) Cinnamon Spice Hot Cereal /// (lunch) Roasted Chicken + Coconut Cauliflower Rice /// (dinner) Quest Pizza /// (dessert) Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Wednesday: (breakfast) Brocolli + Feta Breakfast Casserole /// (lunch) Pizza Stuffed Peppers /// (dinner) One Pan Chicken Sausage + Veggies /// (dessert) Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Thursday: (breakfast) Cinnamon Spice Hot Cereal /// (lunch) Roasted Chicken + Coconut Cauliflower Rice /// (dinner) Roasted Veggie + Goat Cheese Salad /// (dessert) Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- (breakfast) Brocolli + Feta Breakfast Casserole /// (lunch) Pizza Stuffed Peppers /// (dinner) Fat Head BLT Pizza /// (dessert) Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Saturday: leftovers for breakfast + lunch. Whole Foods DIY salads for dinner.
- Sunday: Meal prep + plan!
Breakfast (MWF)|| This Broccolli & Feta Breakfast Casserole . I use frozen broccoli to make the prep time on this super fast (like 15 minutes?). I store it in the casserole dish I bake it in (it has a lid!). Breakfast (T, TH, S): This hot breakfast cereal. OMG, I’m obsessed. It tastes exactly like apple cinnamon oatmeal, but it’s made solely with plant protein, sunflower seeds, pecans, flax, chia, spices, natural sweeteners + some protein/collagen. The price seems high at first look, but it averages to be around $1.85 per serving (Quaker overnight oats are only $.40 cheaper per serving).
LUNCH (MWF): I stuff these peppers “pizza style” to fill the void. They are super easy to prepare and slow roast for 40 minutes or so. I store them in airtight containers for quick grab and go lunches! LUNCH (T, TH): Roasted chicken and this 10-minute coconut cauliflower rice. Roast your chicken at the same time you’re roasting your pizza peppers (drizzle chicken with EVOO, season + roast at 400 for 40-50 minutes). Add one serving of chicken and one serving of coconut cauliflower to meal prep container (we use these ones) for Tuesday/Thursday lunches!
DINNER: Most of my dinner recipes are super easy, so we make them the night of (30 minutes or less). Monday: This Spinach, Bacon & Blue Cheese Salad (the hubs grilled the steak and Bacon on Sunday so we could easily throw the salads together. Tuesday: Quest pizzas because all ya’ do is throw them in the oven! Wednesday: One-pan chicken sausage + veggies (Recipe here)! Thursday: This Roasted veggie + goat cheese salad (takes a little prep, but not much more than 10-15 minutes of your time). Friday: This Fathead BLT pizza! Saturday: Pick up salads from Whole Foods (pack them with roasted broccolli + other veggies). Sunday: Meal prep + Plan!
DESSERT: We always (always) have dessert! This time around it was these super easy sugar-free Pumpkin Spice Muffins!
I have so many easy recipes coming to the blog this month! Stay tuned for…
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
- Apple Cider Muffins (no sugar added + super low carb!)
- Almond Butter + Jelly Muffins
- Broccoli + Cheese Soup
- Cauliflower Au Gratin + Rotisserie Chicken Casserole
- Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Pumpkin Zoodles
- Pumpkin Pizza
- Coconut encrusted Chicken Tenders with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
This week’s giveaway (+ last week’s winner)!
Last week’s giveaway winner was selected! Congrats Lalanie O! Check your inbox tomorrow for prize claim instructions. If you didn’t win, you can still give it a go in this week’s giveaway below.
I thought I’d switch things up for this week’s giveaway! Last week’s giveaway winner received her choice of gift card, so I thought I’d do the same this time around, but with a twist. Winner picks the restaurant they love! Since it’s easy to get in a routine rut with Back to School in full swing, I’m encouraging you to get a sitter and make a date. And, if you can’t…kick up your feet and ORDER IN. One lucky winner gets a $25 gift card to their favorite restaurant 🙂 Winner announced Monday, goooooood luck!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER GIVEAWAY. Ends at 11:59pm on 9/29/19. Open to legal residents of the 50 US, 18 years of age or older. Subject to official rules available in the rafflecopter entry form above. Void where prohibited.
*As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Post may contain affiliate or referral links. I earn a small commission if you make a purchase through my links, which helps me continue on this fabulous journey of blogging! Full disclaimers avail. here.